Social Icons

Monday, June 17, 2013

Bring the Body Shop Home for Dad this Father’s Day!

Father’s Day Gift Selection
bodyshoplogo
Disclosure: I received these items for the purpose of a review. All opinions are 100% my own. I was not compensated for this review. Your opinion may vary from mine.
My husband is not the type of person that cares for skin care products or even cares much about his skin the way I do. I am a lover of skin care products and love how they make me feel. I told my husband that he needs to take better care of his skin and a good start would be using these products from the Body Shop. As I have stated in one of my previous reviews, my husband has always shaved using an electric razor. However, recently he has discovered some great products and had good results therefore; he has decided to use the traditional razor for now.

bodyshop 
The first product my husband tried is the Body Shop Maca Root Face Scrub. My husband really liked how it made his face feel. The face scrub has a gritty texture to help exfoliate the dead skin and prep it for shaving. In addition, this product is made with Peruvian Maca Root and creatine that energizes and helps boost skin vitality. This product is now one he will use couple times a week.

The second product my husband tried was the Maca Root Shave Cream. This shaving cream will give you a close shave while it conditions and moisturizes your skin. Brent (My husband) thought this shave cream was great he said he really liked that you did not have to use a lot on your face at one time. Unlike the traditional shaving creams this does not foam up.

After Brent was done with his shave he attempted to use the Maca Root Energetic Face Protector. However, after putting it on he thought it was too oily for his skin type. This product would be great for sensitive skin and/or dry skin. The Maca Root Face Protector energizes and moisturizes your skin. In addition, it has an SPF-15 sunscreen so you feel protected while outside.

My husband works in IT and has to run around to fix computers and can get hot and sweaty he decided to put the Maca Root Deodorant to the ultimate test. When he first applied it he told me that he liked how smoothly it went on and it had a nice light scent. When he came home from work he mentioned that it held up to his expectations and will continue using this brand. I ran out of Deodorant and I decided to use it today before I went to the store. It worked great and I did not get any strange looks!

Maca Root Eye Rescue Serum helps tired eyes and reduces puffiness. In addition, the Peruvian Maca Root and creatine energize and boost skin vitality. My husband is weird about anything to do with his eyes. I have told him that since he has tired eyes to try it! He just keeps looking at me funny. (Men can be weird) I decided to try this on myself since my husband is being a dodo bird. I found it reduced the puffiness around my eyes and made me feel more awake. My eyes have the tendency to be more sore and tired as I get older and I am glad they have products to assist with that issue.


Overall, my husband was very happy with The Body Shop for men Maca Root line of products. Since Father’s Day has passed, you can still pick these up for the man in your life! It does not have to be a holiday to treat him to the things he would enjoy.

Right now at The Body Shop there is a sale for 50% off while supplies last on select items! Body Gels are $5.00!  Check it out at The Body Shop
Connect with The Body Shop on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Pinterest





Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.
Comments